Friday, March 14, 2008

Psalm 36


Sin speaks to the sinner in the depths of his heart. There is no fear of God before his eyes. He so flatters himself in his mind that he knows not his guilt. In his mouth are mischief and evil, all wisdom is gone.
Psalm 36:1-5

Over two thousand years ago these lines were written. This is the truth also today. This the description of many people I have met while attempting to serve to marginalized. There is no help for the person described above. Save for a change of heart brought on by an awareness that they can ask for and receive from God a new heart. I have drawn a line in the sand today. I will no longer be a source of monetary help for these people. They may find that I can direct them to a source of material help but I will no longer be that source. Jesus never healed for the sake of healing, He healed because of the faith of those involved. I will try to do the same. It is very tempting to be the hero and provide for the material needs.


No comments: